Artificial Intelligence is shaping modern education in all the dimensions possible. Students today learn through management systems, video-based learning, and gamification. Nowadays, the classroom has expanded beyond school boundaries. Artificial intelligence (AI) in education has bifurcated virtual and augmented reality and paved the way better for student engagement and education planning.
However, like a rose, AI has also brought some thorns regarding its inception. Universities and colleges are concerned about the future of their institutions as AI takes root. The traditional educational system of schools and colleges is getting questioned— as far as their acceptability, usefulness, and staying updated with time are concerned.
Take a look at the inception of AI and the changing dynamics of education as we explore these highly volatile waters.
Current State of AI in Education
At the moment, Chatbots are regarded as the best companions of students everywhere. Chatbots powered by AI can provide each learner with a personalized learning experience based on their understanding propensity.
One area where Artificial Intelligence (AI) may help in the classroom is automating routine administrative duties. Grading and feedback provision has been made significantly easier by AI.
There are numerous ways in which AI aids curriculum planners. Big data analysis is becoming more accurate thanks to artificial intelligence. Due to the amount of information available to teachers today, they need help designing student-centered lessons. AI now performs the laborious task of analyzing data.
AI-Powered Tools in Academics
Many Artificial Intelligence (AI) based applications are getting used in educational fields. We enlist the most used ones here—
Coursera takes a student’s schema or previous learning history into consideration. Based on it, it recommends suitable courses for students.
Duolingo is a language-learning app. It also uses AI to personalize the learning experience for each and every student.
ALEKS is a math learning tool. The app provides adaptive assessment protocols and personalized learning plans.
The integrated AI in Semantics can help students surf more than 200 million academic research papers from publisher partnerships, data providers, and web crawls. The same tool can generate single-sentence summaries. A student can achieve their academic goals by finalizing which academic paper to adhere to.
AI-based and machine learning-based tools simplify grading, facilitate the grouping of questions, extend students’ learning time, and enhance efficiency and fairness.
6. Nuance’s Dragon Speech Recognizer
The AI-based educational tool provides a wealth of features, including the ability to display lesson plans, worksheets, reading lists, syllabi, etc., at 3x the typing rate. The tool is 99% accurate.
There is more to it. Dragon Speech can efficiently access supporting verbal commands and offer students voice assistance.
Challenges of Artificial Intelligence in Education
Social media has been buzzing about ChapGPT, an innovation that anchors Artificial Intelligence( AI) in education a tad bit strongly.
This is the latest launch of OpenAI. The model interacts in a conventional way. ChatGPT offers integrated AI, a dialogue format, and a way to acknowledge mistakes, highlight incorrect premises, and reject inappropriate requests. It is an updated version of InstructGPT which follows instructions and generates detailed responses.
However, not every aspect of ChatGPT is worth the praise of experts. The New York Department of Education has blocked it from networks and devices. Angeles Unified School District has taken similar measures.
The US authority managed to block the use of ChatGPT in the school premises, but it has made its inlay quite firmly inside the US colleges.
Combined student responses in a USC Annenberg Media survey yield multiple reviews. Some students believe it is valid as a resource for assignments, while others believe it is dangerous.
RELATED: After ChatGPT Meet VALL-E, The Next-Generation Microsoft AI Tool!
Impact Of Artificial Intelligence (AI) On The Education Industry
- AI helps to make learning experiences more personalized. It can modify the academic mold around a student’s standards and preferences. It is a great offering indeed.
- AI offers digital bookshelves that allow teachers to adjust courses. A variety of smart content has been developed using AI, including digitized guides and text.
- Another gift of AI is Captivating Virtual Instruction for Training (CVIT). It helps to integrate live classrooms with the best suitable virtual technology.
- AI allows for the creation of immersive classrooms.
- It is effective for non-teaching activities, homework assessments, doubt-clearing with students, and big data analytics.
- One of the biggest negative impacts of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in education is the ethical consideration attached to it.
- Experts are concerned about how much protection AI can offer to a student’s data protection, privacy, and security.
- Many researchers are worried about how meaningful can chatbot’s generate responses to questions from assessments and exams. Often, AI-generated answers are not of high quality.
- In addition, AI can result in the loss of jobs. As a result, economic inequality may arise.
We must address many questions and issues before AI can truly transform the way we view education.
Researchers and developers must keep probing the possibilities of AI in the classroom and working to address the issues that may crop up as the technology evolves and is incorporated into the current educational system.
Ready To Future-Proof Your Business?
Sign-up for a FREE account and get a sneak peek into our intuitive survey dashboard panel.
Free Trial • No Payment Details Required • Cancel Anytime