The “Powered by Shopify” text that appears in the footer of every Shopify-powered online store is a familiar sight. Shopify is a powerful e-commerce platform, but many store owners still want to give their websites a more unique and personalized feel.
In this detailed tutorial, we will go over everything you need to know to get rid of the generic “Powered by Shopify” line in your store’s footer and fully personalize it to reflect your own brand’s values. Whether you are a seasoned programmer or have never touched a computer before, we have solutions that are both easy to implement and highly effective.
Let us get started on this adventure to make your online shop look more polished and more like you!
Method 1: Using Shopify Admin (No Coding Required)
For those who prefer an easy and code-free approach, follow these steps:
Step 1: Log in to Your Shopify Admin
- Begin by logging in to your Shopify admin panel using your credentials.
Step 2: Access Theme Settings
- From your dashboard, navigate to “Online Store,” then select “Themes.”
Step 3: Edit Language Settings
- Within the “Themes” section, you’ll find the “Actions” button. Click on it to reveal a dropdown menu, and then select “Edit Languages.”
Step 4: Search for “Powered by Shopify.”
- Use the search bar within the Language Editor to locate “Powered by Shopify.””
Step 5: Replace or Delete
- You have two options at this point: you can either replace the “Powered by Shopify” text with customized message to maintain a professional appearance or remove it entirely for a cleaner look.
Step 6: Save Changes
- Once you’ve made your desired changes, remember to save them to apply the modifications effectively.
Step 7: Check Your Store
- Finally, visit your online store and refresh the page to confirm that the “Powered by Shopify” text has been successfully removed or replaced according to your preference.
Method 2: Editing the Code (For Advanced Users)
For those who crave full control and are comfortable with code, this method provides deeper customization
Step 1: Access Shopify Admin
- Start by logging in to your Shopify admin panel.
Step 2: Go to Themes
- From your dashboard, navigate to “Online Store” and select “Themes.”
Step 3: Edit Code
- Under the “Actions” dropdown, choose “Edit Code.” This action will open your theme’s code editor.
Step 4: Locate Footer.liquid
- Inside the code editor, navigate to the “Sections” folder and find the “footer.liquid” file. This file controls the content and appearance of your store’s footer.
Step 5: Search for “Powered by Shopify.”
- Utilize the search function (typically Ctrl + F on Windows or Command + F on Mac) to find all instances of “Powered by Shopify” within the “footer.liquid” file.
Step 6: Remove or customize
- At this point, you have the freedom to choose whether to delete the entire line of code containing “Powered by Shopify” for a clean look or replace it with your custom text to maintain professionalism.
Step 7: Save Changes
- After making your edits, be sure to save the changes within the code editor.
Step 8: Preview and Publish
- Before making your changes live, it’s advisable to preview them to ensure they align with your vision. If everything looks as expected, click “Publish.”
Step 9: Check Your Store
- Finally, visit your online store and refresh the page to confirm that the “Powered by Shopify” text has been properly customized to suit your brand identity.
- Custom Logo: Incorporate your store’s logo to reinforce brand identity and recognition.
- Footer Navigation: Organize links logically, including essential pages like contact information, shipping details, and privacy policies.
- Mobile-Friendly: Ensure mobile responsiveness so that your footer looks and functions well on various devices, accommodating shoppers on the go.
- Social Media Links: Increase engagement by adding social media icons or direct links, encouraging visitors to connect with your brand.
- Keep It Simple: Maintain a clean and uncluttered footer for a more visually appealing and user-friendly experience.
- Legal Requirements: Include necessary legal links such as terms and conditions, privacy policies, and cookie policies, ensuring compliance with regulations.
- Copyright Notice: Display a copyright notice with the current year to protect your content and demonstrate an up-to-date website.
- Test Changes: Prior to finalizing your customizations, rigorously test your footer to confirm that all elements work correctly, especially any added links or buttons.
By following these straightforward methods, you can easily transform your online store’s footer. Say goodbye to the generic “Powered by Shopify” and hello to a personalized, professional, and brand-aligned footer.
Whether you’re tech-savvy or new to the digital landscape, these steps empower you to shape your online store’s identity and make it uniquely yours. So go ahead and embark on this journey of customization and elevate your online presence to new heights.