Adding A Date Question Type To Your Surveys
A date question type in a survey is a question that asks the respondent to provide a date as their answer. This can include a specific date, a range of dates, or a date format such as month and year. The date question type is typically used to gather information about an event or occurrence with a specific date, such as a birthdate, an anniversary, or a date of purchase.
It’s important to note that in some cases, the date question type can be optional and may not be necessary for the survey’s purpose. Your research question and the data you want to collect will determine what you need to do.
- To add a Date question type to your survey on SurveyPoint, open the workspace and click on “Create a new survey +”. You can also use our pre-made templates if you don’t want to start a survey from scratch.
- To create a new survey, click on the new survey. Once you do that, select “Long Form” from the pop-up.
- To create a new survey using the Long form, choose “ Start from Scratch”. This will allow you to manually input your questions and customize the survey to your needs.
- If you already have your questions saved in .csv file, you can also go with the option to “Upload CSV” and import your questions directly into the platform.
- After selecting your option, you will be redirected to another pop-up requesting you to fill out the required information. Simply give your survey a name and enter the other details.
- To add a new question to your survey, simply click on the “Add Question” button in the center of your screen under the “Create Survey” section.
- Once you click on the button, the platform will automatically generate a question box for you.
- Alternatively, you may select the “Add section” button to make a separate section and add your question.
- To select the type of question, you would like to add, simply click on the drop-down menu under “Select Question Category” and choose the Date option.
- Add your question text by replacing the mock text with your question. You can also add a description, guiding your respondents on how to answer this question. However, this part is optional.
To enhance the functionality of your questions, you have access to a set of additional setting options located below the description box.
- The “Required” option allows you to make a question mandatory for respondents to answer, preventing them from skipping the question during the survey.
- Once you have made your changes, click Save and you will be able to add this question to your survey. If you want to delete this question, click on Cancel.
Adding Design Elements
To modify the design of your questions, simply click on the small brush icon (design icon) situated on the sidebar.
You can add different color options to question and answer by clicking on the down arrow option.
- Just click the arrow in the bottom right corner to choose the correct shade. Depending on your preference, you can use a grid, a spectrum, or some sliders to make your selection. This allows you to fine-tune the color and zero in on just the correct shade.
- You can also change the button color by following the same procedure.
- To incorporate a solid color background to your question, simply click on “Background” and choose the desired color.
Please keep in mind that if you change the settings or designs of one question, similar changes will also be made to other questions in the survey.
Hope that solves all your doubts. However, if you still have questions, we are here to help.
Write to us at email@example.com, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.