Gathering Contact Information With An Email Question Type
An email question type in a survey is a question that asks the participant for their email address. This type of question is commonly used in online surveys to gather contact information for follow-up purposes or send participants a link to the survey if they cannot complete it in one sitting.
The question can be formatted as a text field, where the participant can type in their email address, or as a drop-down menu with pre-populated options such as “I prefer not to provide my email address.
Adding this question type is pretty easy in SurveyPoint.
- To get started, enter your workspace and click “Create a new survey +” to create a new survey. You can also use templates if you don’t want to start everything from scratch.
- You can also open an existing survey by clicking on them in your workspace.
- Once you open your survey, click on the small “+” icon on the top right corner of your sidebar to add another question.
The below image represents how an email question type looks like:
- To replace the placeholder text with your own question, simply click on it and type in your desired statement.
- Add a description if required.
- You can delete the question by clicking on the three dots present on the question in the sidebar.
You can change the settings of your email question type in the settings tab, right next to the “Questions” tab on the sidebar.
- You can make the question mandatory to be filled out by the respondents by marking it as Required in the settings panel. Your respondents will be notified or prevented from continuing the survey without providing an answer to that particular question.
Adding An Image Or Video To Your Questions
This question type allows you to add an image or a video.
- To add an image or a video, click on the ‘Add image or video’ button and select the file from your media section.
- You can either upload from your system or search for stock images via Unsplash by clicking on Image. Simply type the related keyword and select the image most appealing to you.
- You can also enhance the look by uploading a video and icons. Also, if you want to select the previously selected media again, you can do so from My gallery.
Tip: You can also drag and drop the image or video file into the drop box. The acceptable files should either be PNG or JPG. If you want to upload a GIF, it must not be more than 4 MB.
- By clicking the “Delete” button, you can also remove the video, GIF, or image.
- To incorporate an image, simply click on your desired image. Then, the platform will present you with various text-wrapping options on the side panel. Choose the one that best suits your needs and proceed.
- Additionally, you can modify the image’s brightness through the side panel “Brightness” toggle.
Adding Design Elements
You can customize your questions by clicking on the small brush icon (design icon) situated on the sidebar.
- You can either personalize the look and feel as per your desire from the ‘Custom’ option or select something from the Gallery option.
You can change the text color in the question and answer by clicking on the down arrow option.
- Simply click on the downward arrow and select the desired color.
- You can also change the button color by following the same procedure.
- You can choose the block colors or pick the right one by browsing the required shade in “Grid”, “Spectrum” or “Sliders”.
- To add a solid background color to your question, click on the background and select the color you want.
- Moreover, if you want to go the extra mile and want any particular image in the background, SurveyPoint allows you to do that as well. Just click on “Background Img” and add the file to spice up your survey look.
- You have the option to either upload images from your device by clicking on “Upload,” or search for stock images through Unsplash by clicking on “Image.” If you have previously uploaded images, you can also access them by clicking on “My Gallery.”
- You can also add avatars by adding them to the background. Simply click on Avatar and upload the file.
- Additionally, you can enable the “Typing Emulation” option to mimic typing. This feature consists of three or two animated dots that indicate that a respondent is actively typing their response. This enhances the interactivity and realism of the survey experience.
- For the font size of your questions, you have the option to select from small, medium, and large by choosing between “Lg”, “Md”, and “Sm”.
- To change the text alignments, click on the Text indent option in the bottom left corner of the sidebar.
You also have the option to choose from a variety of default designs within the platform. Simply visit the “Gallery” section, select your preferred template, and personalize the question to your liking.
Please keep in mind that if you change the settings or designs of one question, similar changes will also be made to other questions in the survey.
Hope that solves all your doubts. However, if you still have questions, we are here to help.
Write to us at email@example.com, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.