Using Short Text Question Type In A Long Form Survey
In contrast to multiple-choice questions, which require respondents to choose one of several predetermined responses, short text questions require respondents to enter their own text in response to a prompt.
Use these varieties of questions to learn more about your target audience and find out what they think of your products and services.
- To add a Short Text question type to your survey on SurveyPoint, open the workspace and click on “Create a new survey +”. You can also use our pre-made templates if you don’t want to start a survey from scratch.
- To create a new survey, click on the new survey. Once you do that, select “Long Form” from the pop-up
- To create a new survey using the Long form, choose “ Start from Scratch”. This will allow you to manually input your questions and customize the survey to your needs.
- If you already have your questions saved in .csv file, you can also go with the option to “Upload CSV” and import your questions directly into the platform.
- After selecting your option, you will be redirected to another pop-up requesting you to fill out the required information. Simply give your survey a name and enter the other details.
- Now, to add a new question to your survey, simply click on the “Add Question” button located in the center of your screen under the “Create Survey” section.
- Once you click on the button, the platform will automatically generate a question box for you.
- Alternatively, you may select the “Add section” button to make a separate section and then add your question there.
- To select the type of question you would like to add, simply click on the drop-down menu under “Select Question Category” and choose the Text Box option.
- Now click on the placeholder text and type in your desired question to replace it.
- You can also add a description to your question, informing your respondents on how to complete the question. However, this part is optional.
The settings options, located right below the description box, will enable you to customize your questions according to your needs.
- The Required option allows you to change the question setting to whether it is required or not. This means respondents will be unable to skip this question if Required is enabled.
- Max and Min Characters will cap the number of characters your respondents can type in that particular question response.
- Once you enable it, enter your character limit in the box.
- For instance, setting the character limit to 300 would mean that the respondents can only write 300 characters in one response.
Adding Design Elements
To modify the design of your questions, simply click on the small brush icon (design icon) positioned on the sidebar.
You can add different color options to question and answer by clicking on the down arrow option.
- Just click the arrow to choose the preferred shade. Depending on your preference, you can use a grid, a spectrum, or some sliders to make your selection. This allows you to fine-tune the color and zero in on just the correct shade.
- You can also change the button color by following the same procedure.
- To incorporate a solid background to your question, click on “Background” and choose the desired color.
Please keep in mind that if you change the settings or designs of one question, similar changes will also be made to other questions in the survey.
Hope that solves all your doubts. However, if you still have questions, we are here to help.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.