Adding Dropdown Matrix To Your Surveys
A drop-down matrix is a series of rows and columns that allows a respondent to answer multiple questions in one go. Multiple rows and columns are present in this tabular type of question, which has a drop-down selection box for the respondents to choose the appropriate answer.
- To add a dropdown matrix to your survey on SurveyPoint, open the workspace and click “Create a new survey +.” You can also use our pre-made templates if you don’t want to start a survey from scratch.
- If you already have a survey on your workspace, you can add this type of question.
- Open your survey to get started.
- To add this question type to your survey on SurveyPoint, click on the “+” button.
- Once you click on it, you will be able to see all the question types you can add to your slider survey. Select the drop-down matrix question type.
The below image shows an illustration of the dropdown matrix question type.
- All you have to do is enter your question, add some optional descriptive text, then hit Enter to start populating your question.
With this format, you may create a series of rows and columns to hold drop-down menus from which respondents can choose predetermined answers without manually typing out each one. These short, to-the-point questions will assist respondents in finishing the survey without wasting too much of their time.
- To add a column title, replace the pre-existing sample text with your title. You can use the same procedure to add row text as well.
- You can also add additional rows or columns to include multiple questions in a single question type. To add a column and row, click “Add column” and “Add Row.”
- Furthermore, click “Please Select Dropdown Menu“ to add a drop-down list to your question.
- Once you click on that button, you’ll be able to see a pop-up, as illustrated in the above image. Be sure to separate your drop-down options into lines within the text box.
Remember: Add all the different options in separate lines always.
- If you click on the Text Box, you can select from a variety of options for your drop-down question.
- Textbox: This part will require the respondent to type in their response.
- Number: In this case, the respondents will be required to add only numbers. If you are asking for a person’s age, this is a good option.
- Decimal: Your respondents can only add or select decimals.
- Select: The select option allows the respondents to choose the right answer from the given choices.
- Checkbox: Like select, the respondents can check the right options from the offered drop-down choices.
- Radio: Respondents can complete several questions at once, much to the radio matrix format. In a nutshell, it empowers the respondents to pick the correct option from a list of alternatives
- Date and Time: In this case, the respondents are required to enter the date or time as their response.
For instance, let’s take a look at Select.
- Now, once you click on Select, click on “Enter Answer Questions on a separate line” to add your dropdown choices.
- Add your dropdown options.
- Once you have added your choices click on submit and reload the page to save your progress.
- You can also delete the rows and columns by hovering over the row/column you want to delete and clicking on “X”.
- You can delete the question by clicking on the three dots present on the question in the sidebar.
By selecting the settings tab right next to the “Questions” tab in the sidebar, you can change the settings for your drop-down matrix question.
- Enabling the “Required” option will make the question mandatory to fill. Meaning, the respondents won’t be able to skip this question while filling out your survey.
Adding An Image/ Video To Your Question
You can also add images or videos by clicking “Add Image or Video”.
- To add an image or a video, hit ‘Upload’ and select the file from your media section. You can also upload the same from your system directly.
- You can also drag and drop the image or video file into the drop box. The acceptable files should either be PNG or JPG. If you want to upload a GIF, it must not be more than 4 MB.
- You can also search and upload stock images via Unsplash by clicking on the Image section. Simply type the related keyword and select the image that appeals you the most.
- You can also enhance the look by uploading a video and icons. Also, if you want to select the previously selected media again, you can do so from My gallery.
- Alternatively, you can delete the video, GIF, or image at any time by clicking on the “Delete” button.
Adding Design Elements
You can customize your questions by clicking on the small brush icon (design icon) situated on the sidebar.
You can either visit the Custom option or the Gallery option to customize your questions.
You can add different color options to question and answer by clicking on the down arrow option.
- Simply click on the arrow facing down and select the right color. You can choose the options from a grid, spectrum and sliders. This helps you modify the color and pick the right one that you are looking for.
- You can also change the button color by following the same procedure.
- Choose the color you want for the background of your question by clicking on the background option.
- Moreover, to add a background image, click on “Background Img” and add the file from your system. You can either upload the images from your system by clicking on Upload or browse stock images via Unsplash by clicking on Image/Icon. You can also upload the images from your SurveyPoint gallery by clicking on Gallery.
- You can also add avatars by adding them to the background. Simply click on Avatar and upload the file.
- Regarding question font size, you can choose from small, medium and large by selecting between Lg, Md and Sm.
- To bring the text in the middle, click on the alignment option given in the bottom left corner of the sidebar.
If you want to add custom designs and no solid colors, visit the Gallery option in the sidebar and choose your favorite template to customize the question.
Please keep in mind that if you change the settings or designs of one question, similar changes will also be made to other questions in the survey.
Hope that solves all your doubts. However, if you still have questions, we are here to help.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.