Using Short Text Question Type In A Slider Form
Unlike MCQs, short text questions usually require respondents to type their answers instead of selecting choices from a list.
These question types can help you gather loads of data and get insights into what your potential customers or paying customers actually think about your services or products.
- To add this question type to your survey, open your workspace and click “ + Create a new survey ” to create one. If you don’t want to begin from scratch, use pre-existing templates. If you wish to add this question type to an existing survey, you can also choose that survey.
- To add a short text question to your survey on SurveyPoint, click on the small “+” button under the Create Survey panel.
- Once you click on the “+” icon, you will see all the question types offered by the platform. To add it to your survey, select“Short Text.”
- Replace “Your question stextbox here” with the desired question by clicking on it and typing in it.
- You can also add a description to your question by clicking over it. However, this step is optional.
- The empty line stating Type your Answer here is where the respondents will type their answers.
That’s it! Adding a short question to your survey is that easy.
The sidebar represents all the questions you have added to your survey. It also offers customization options for changing your question’s font color and background.
By selecting the settings tab right next to the “Questions” tab in the sidebar, you can change the settings for your short text question.
- In the settings option, you can choose to make whether the question is required or not. In other words, respondents will not be able to skip this question if you enable the Required option.
- Max Characters will cap the number of characters your respondents can type in their answers.
- Once you enable it, you will be able to see a small green box with “0-99999” written over it. Click on it to add a character limit.
- Setting the character limit to 300 would mean that the respondents can only write 300 characters in one response.
- You can delete the question by clicking on the three dots present on the question in the sidebar.
Adding An Image/ Video To Your Question
You can also add images or videos by clicking “Add Image or Video”.
- To add an image or a video, hit ‘Upload’ and select the file from your media section. You can also upload the same from your system directly.
- You can also drag and drop the image or video file into the drop box. The acceptable files should either be PNG or JPG. If you want to upload a GIF, it must not be more than 4 MB.
- You can also search and upload stock images via Unsplash by clicking on the Image section. Simply type the related keyword and select the image that appeals to you the most.
- You can also enhance the look by uploading a video and icons. Also, if you want to select the previously selected media again, you can do so from My gallery.
- Alternatively, you can delete the video, GIF, or image at any time by clicking on the “Delete” button on the side panel.
Adding Design Elements
You can customize your questions by clicking on the small brush icon (design icon) situated on the sidebar.
You can either visit the Custom option or the Gallery option to customize your questions.
You can add different color options to question and answer by clicking on the down arrow.
- To change the question and answer text color, simply click on the downward arrow and select the right color. You can choose the options from a grid, spectrum, and sliders. This helps you modify the color and pick the right one that you are looking for.
- You can also change the button color by following the same procedure.
- To add solid background color to your question, click on the background and select the color you want.
- Moreover, if you want to go the extra mile and want any particular image in the background, SurveyPoint allows you to do that as well. Just click on “Background Img” and add the file to spice up your survey look.
- You can either upload the images from your system by clicking on Upload or browse stock images via Unsplash by clicking on Image/Icon. You can also use previously used images from My Gallery.
- You can also add avatars by adding them to the background. Simply click on Avatar and upload the file.
- Regarding question font size, you can choose from small, medium, and large by selecting between Lg, Md, and Sm.
- To bring the text to the middle, click on the alignment option in the sidebar’s bottom left corner.
You can also pick some of the default designs on the platform, go to the Gallery option and choose your favorite template to customize the question.
Please keep in mind that if you change the settings or designs of one question, similar changes will also be made to other questions in the survey.
Hope that solves all your doubts. However, if you still have questions, we are here to help.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.