Adding Yes/No Question Type To Your Surveys
A Yes/No question is perhaps the quickest way to gather the right kinds of insights from your respondents. Although these questions are relatively quick to answer, they also limit your respondents’ ability to add logical reasoning.
- To add a Yes/No question to your survey on SurveyPoint, open the workspace and click “Create a new survey +.” You can also use our pre-made templates if you don’t want to start a survey from scratch.
- You can also open an existing survey you have previously created on your workspace to add this question type.
- Open your survey to get started.
- Click on the small “+” icon present on the Create Survey panel
- Once you click on that, you’ll be able to see all the question types you can add to the platform. Select the Yes/No question type to add it to your survey.
The below image shows an illustration of the basic Yes/No question type.
The sidebar will show all the questions you have added to your survey.
- To enter your question, replace “Your question radio here” with your question text. You can do this by clicking on the text and typing what you want to enter.
- You can also add a description, informing your respondents on how to fill out the question. However, this part is optional. You can skip it if you don’t want to add one.
- You can also change the Yes and No options to something else by clicking on the option and entering your desired text.
- You can delete the question by clicking on the three dots present on the question in the sidebar.
You can change the settings of your yes/no question under the settings tab, present on the top left and right next to the “Questions” corner of the sidebar.
- The settings option allows you to adjust whether the question is mandatory or not. This means that the respondents can’t skip this question if you set the Required option.
Adding An Image/ Video To Your Question
You can also add images or videos by clicking “Add Image or Video”.
- To add an image or a video, hit ‘Upload’ and select the file from your media section. You can also upload the same from your system directly.
- You can also drag and drop the image or video file into the drop box. The acceptable files should either be PNG or JPG. If you want to upload a GIF, it must not be more than 4 MB.
- You can also search and upload stock images via Unsplash by clicking on the Image section. Simply type the related keyword and select the image that appeals you the most.
- You can also enhance the look by uploading a video and icons. Also, if you want to select the previously selected media again, you can do so from My gallery.
- Alternatively, you can delete the video, GIF, or image at any time by clicking on the “Delete” button.
Adding Design Elements
You can customize your questions by clicking on the small brush icon (design icon) situated on the sidebar.
You can either visit the Custom option or the Gallery option to customize your questions.
You can add different color options to question and answer by clicking on the down arrow option.
- Simply click on the arrow facing down and select the right color. You can choose the options from a grid, spectrum and sliders. This helps you modify the color and pick the right one that you are looking for.
- You can also change the button color by following the same procedure.
Note: If you change the color settings of one question, the setting of all questions will be changed.
- Choose the color you want for the background of your question by clicking on the background option.
- You can also add avatars by adding them to the background. Simply click on Avatar and upload the file.
- You even customize the question font size. Choose from small, medium, and large by selecting between Sm, Md, and Lg.
- To bring the text to the middle, click on the alignment option given in the bottom left corner of the sidebar.
If you want to add custom designs and no solid colors, visit the Gallery option in the sidebar and choose your favorite template to customize the question.
Please keep in mind that if you change the settings or designs of one question, similar changes will also be made to other questions in the survey.
Hope that solves all your doubts. However, if you still have questions, we are here to help.
Write to us at email@example.com, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.