Adding Drop-Down Menu To Surveys
If you have ever filled out a survey, we bet you must have come around a drop-down menu, either asking you about your gender or your location.
Drop-down question types are usually similar to multiple-choice questions. However, unlike MCQs, drop-downs differ in terms of structure.
- To add a drop-down to your survey on SurveyPoint, open the workspace and click on “Create a new survey +.” You can also use our pre-made templates if you don’t want to start a survey from scratch.
- In addition, you can add this question type to a survey you have already created in your workspace.
- Open your survey to get started.
- Click on the “+” button on the top right corner of the sidebar.
- Once you click on it, you’ll be able to see several question types offered by SurveyPoint. Just select Dropdown from it.
- To give your question a title, replace “Your question dropdown here” with your text. You can also add a description. However, this part is entirely optional.
- Now, before you add the drop-down, make sure to save your progress by reloading the page.
- To add the drop-down option, click on “Type or select an option.”
Simply enter your options in separate lines, as shown in the image.
- Once you have added the options, click on submit. You can also change or edit the choices by clicking “Update choice.”
- You can delete the question by clicking on the three dots present on the question in the sidebar.
You can change the settings of your drop-down question type by visiting the settings tab, present on the top left and right next to the “Questions” corner of the sidebar.
- In case you need to make this question type mandatory to fill out, you can enable the “Required” option in the sidebar in the settings bar. However, if you are asking certain sensitive questions like gender or ethnicity, it’s best not to make this question as required.
- If you want to randomize the question options from your drop-down options, you can also enable the “Randomize” option. It shuffles the choices every time a new responder fills out the question.
Adding An Image/ Video To Your Question
You can also add images or videos by clicking “Add Image or Video”.
- To add an image or a video, hit ‘Upload’ and select the file from your media section. You can also upload the same from your system directly.
- You can also drag and drop the image or video file into the drop box. The acceptable files should either be PNG or JPG. If you want to upload a GIF, it must not be more than 4 MB.
- You can also search and upload stock images via Unsplash by clicking on the Image section. Simply type the related keyword and select the image most appealing to you.
- You can also enhance the look by uploading a video and icons. Also, if you want to select the previously selected media again, you can do so from My gallery.
- Alternatively, you can delete the video, GIF, or image at any time by clicking on the “Delete” button.
Adding Design Elements
You can customize your questions by clicking on the small brush icon (design icon) situated on the sidebar.
You can visit the Custom or Gallery options to customize your questions.
You can add different color options to question and answer by clicking on the down arrow option.
- Simply click on the downward arrow and select the right color. You can choose the options from a grid, spectrum, and sliders. This helps you modify the color and pick the right one that you are looking for.
- You can also change the button color by following the same procedure.
- To add solid background color to your question, click on the background and pick the color your choice.
- Moreover, if you want to go the extra mile and want any particular image in the background, SurveyPoint allows you to do that as well. Just click on “Background Img” and add the file to spice up your survey look.
- You can either upload the images from your system by clicking on Upload or browse stock images via Unsplash by clicking on Image/Icon. You can also use previously used images from My Gallery.
- You can also add avatars by adding them to the background. Simply click on Avatar and upload the file.
- By choosing between Lg, Md, and Sm, you can select the font size for questions.
- To bring the text to the middle, click on the alignment option given in the bottom left corner of the sidebar.
If you want to add custom designs and no solid colors, visit the Gallery option in the sidebar and choose your favorite template to customize the question.
Please keep in mind that if you change the settings or designs of one question, similar changes will also be made to other questions in the survey.
Hope that solves all your doubts. However, if you still have questions, we are here to help.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.