Adding Short Text Question Type To Your Surveys
Short text questions are open-ended inquiries that prompt respondents to enter their answers as text rather than selecting from a list of options, as in a multiple-choice question.
These types of questions can provide a wealth of information and offer valuable insights into the thoughts and opinions of your target audience or customers regarding your products or services.
- To add the question to your survey on SurveyPoint, open the workspace and click on “Create a new survey +.” You can also use our pre-made templates if you don’t want to start a survey from scratch.
- If you would like to add this question type to an existing survey that you have created on your workspace, you can open it.
- To add a short text question to your survey on SurveyPoint, click on the small “+” button in the top right corner of your sidebar.
- Once you click on the “+” icon, you will be able to see all the question types offered by the platform. Click on “Short Text” to add it to your survey.
The below image shows how a short text question type looks like in a Chatbot.
- To replace the placeholder text with your own question, simply click on it and type in your desired statement.
- You can also add a description to your question by clicking over it. However, this step is optional.
That’s it! Adding a short question to your survey is that easy.
- The side panel displays all the questions you have incorporated into your survey. You also have the ability to personalize the font color and background of your questions through the customization options found within settings. The next section covers more about it.
- You can delete the question by clicking on the three dots present on the question in the sidebar.
You can change the settings of your short text by navigating to the settings tab, present on the top left and right next to the “Questions” corner of the sidebar.
- The settings option allows you to change the question setting to whether it is required or not. If you enable the Required option, respondents cannot skip this question.
- Max Characters will cap the number of characters your respondents can type.
- Once you enable it, you will be able to see a small box with “0-99999” written over it. Click on it to add a character limit.
- Setting the character limit to 300 would mean that the respondents can only write more than the specified characters in one response.
- Moreover, you can also change the question type by clicking on the Short Text button and selecting the question type you want to include in your survey.
Remember: When switching question types, the already filled data might be deleted as the new question might not support it.
Adding An Image Or Video To Your Questions
This question type allows you to add an image or a video.
- To add an image or a video, click on the ‘Add image or video’ button and select the file from your media section.
- You can either upload from your system or search for stock images via Unsplash by clicking on Image. Simply type the related keyword and select the image most appealing to you.
- You can also enhance the look by uploading a video and icons. Also, if you want to select the previously selected media again, you can do so from My gallery.
Tip: You can also drag and drop the image or video file into the drop box. The acceptable files should either be PNG or JPG. If you want to upload a GIF, it must not be more than 4 MB.
- By clicking the “Delete” button, you can also remove the video, GIF, or image.
- To incorporate an image, simply click on your desired image. Then, the platform will present you with various text-wrapping options on the side panel. Choose the one that best suits your needs and proceed.
- Additionally, you can modify the image’s brightness through the side panel “Brightness” toggle.
Adding Design Elements
You can customize your questions by clicking on the small brush icon (design icon) situated on the sidebar.
You have the option to either visit the “Custom” or “Gallery” sections to personalize your questions.
You can add a variety of color choices to both your questions and answers by clicking on the “colour picker” down-facing arrow option.
- With ease, simply click on the downward-facing arrow and select the desired color. You have the choice to select from a grid, spectrum, and sliders, allowing you to adjust the color and effortlessly find the ideal shade you desire.
- You can also change the button color by following the same procedure.
- To incorporate a solid color background to your question, simply click on “Background” and choose the desired color.
- Moreover, if you want to go the extra mile and want any particular image in the background, SurveyPoint allows you to do that as well. Just click on “Background Img” and add the file to spice up your survey look.
- You have the option to either upload images from your device by clicking on “Upload,” or search for stock images through Unsplash by clicking on “Image.” If you have previously uploaded images, you can also access them by clicking on “My Gallery.”
- You can also add avatars by adding them to the background. Simply click on Avatar and upload the file.
- Additionally, you can enable the “Typing Emulation” option to mimic typing. This feature consists of three or two animated dots that indicate that a respondent is actively typing their response. This enhances the interactivity and realism of the survey experience.
- For the font size of your questions, you have the option to select from small, medium, and large by choosing between “Lg”, “Md”, and “Sm”.
- To bring the text to the middle, click on the alignment option given in the bottom left corner of the sidebar.
You also have the option to choose from a variety of default designs within the platform. Simply visit the “Gallery” section, select your preferred template, and personalize the question to your liking.
Please keep in mind that if you change the settings or designs of one question, similar changes will also be made to other questions in the survey.
Hope that solves all your doubts. However, if you still have questions, we are here to help.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.