Adding A Date Question Type To Your Surveys
A date question type in a survey is a question that asks the respondent to provide a date as their answer. This can include a specific date, a range of dates, or a date format such as month and year. It is usually used to gather information about occurrences or events that have a specific date associated with them, such as birthdates, anniversaries, or purchase dates.
It’s important to note that in some cases, the date question type can be optional and may not be necessary for the survey’s purpose. Your research question and the data you want to collect will determine what you need to do.
- To add a Date question type to your survey on SurveyPoint, open the workspace and click “Create a new survey +”. You can also use our pre-made templates if you don’t want to start a survey from scratch.
- You can also open an existing survey that you have created on your workspace to add this question type.
- Open your survey to get started.
- Click on the “+” button on the top right corner of the sidebar.
- Once you click on it, you’ll be able to see several question types offered by SurveyPoint.
- Select the Date question to add this type to your survey.
The below image illustrates a date question type.
- Add your question text by replacing the mock text with your question. You can also add a description, guiding your respondents on how to answer this question. However, this part is optional.
- You can delete the question by clicking on the three dots present on the question in the sidebar.
You can change the settings of your question type by navigating to the settings tab on the top left and right next to the “Questions” corner of the sidebar.
- Enabling the “Required” option will make the question mandatory to fill. As a result, the respondents won’t be able to skip this question while filling out your survey.
Adding An Image Or Video To Your Questions
This question type allows you to add an image or a video.
- To add an image or a video, click on the ‘Add image or video’ button and select the file from your media section.
- You can either upload from your system or search for stock images via Unsplash by clicking on Image.
- Also, if you want to select the previously selected media again, you can do so from My gallery.
- You can also drag and drop the image or video file into the drop box. Directly uploading it from your system is also possible. The acceptable files should either be PNG or JPG. If you want to upload a GIF, it must not be more than 4 MB.
- You can also delete the video, GIF, or image by clicking on the “Delete” option.
- Pick the picture you wish to use by clicking on it. When you do that, the platform will provide you with alternatives for text wrapping in the margin. Pick the option that best suits your needs for moving forward.
- In the same menu, you can also change the brightness of the image.
Adding Design Elements
You can customize your questions by clicking on the small brush icon (design icon) situated on the sidebar.
You can choose either the Custom or Gallery option to customize your questions.
You can add different color options to question and answer by clicking on the down arrow option.
- Simply click on the downward-facing arrow and select the right color. You can choose the options from a grid, spectrum, and sliders. By doing this, you will be able to modify the color and choose the one you want. You can also change the button color by following the same procedure.
- Choose a solid color for your background by clicking on the background.
- Moreover, to add a background image, click on “Background Img” and add the file from your system.
- You can either upload the images from your system by clicking on Upload or browse stock images via Unsplash by clicking on Image/Icon. You can also upload the previously selected media from My gallery.
- You can also add avatars by adding them to the background. Simply click on Avatar and upload the file.
- You even customize the question font size. Choose from small, medium, and large by selecting between Sm, Md, and Lg.
- To bring the text to the middle, click on the alignment option given in the bottom left corner of the sidebar.
To customize the question, you can also choose a template from the Gallery option on the platform.
Please keep in mind that if you change the settings or designs of one question, similar changes will also be made to other questions in the survey.
Hope that solves all your doubts. However, if you still have questions, we are here to help.
Write to us at email@example.com, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.