Making Surveys Fun With Star Rating Question Types
Do you want to create a survey that just requires 3-5 minutes of someone’s time to complete? The star rating question format could be the best option here. They require little effort from respondents yet yield useful data, all while being entertaining and engaging.
Adding a rating question type to your survey in SurveyPoint is pretty easy. Here’s how you do it.
- To add a Rating question type to your survey on SurveyPoint, open the workspace and click on “Create a new survey +”. You can also use our pre-made templates if you don’t want to start a survey from scratch.
- To create a new survey, click on the new survey. Once you do that, select “Long Form” from the pop-up.
- To create a new survey using the Long form, choose “ Start from Scratch”. This will allow you to manually input your questions and customize the survey to your needs.
- If you already have your questions saved in .csv file, you can also go with the option to “Upload CSV” and import your questions directly into the platform.
- After selecting your option, you will be redirected to another pop-up requesting you to fill out the required information. Simply give your survey a name and enter the other details.
- Now that you’ve created your survey, just click on the “Add Question” button in the “Create Survey” section to add a new question.
- Once you click on the button, the platform will automatically generate a question box for you.
- Alternatively, you may select the “Add section” button to make a separate section and then add your question.
- To select the type of question you want to add, simply click on the drop-down menu under “Select Question Category” and choose the Rating option.
- Enter your question’s heading and add any additional description that may be helpful.
- With those steps completed, your new question is now ready to be added to your survey. To finalize the process, simply click on “Save” to save the changes you made.
- You can also edit, delete, or duplicate your added question. To apply, select the corresponding buttons in the bottom right corner of the added question box.
To enhance the functionality of your questions, you have access to a set of additional setting options located below the description box.
- The “Required” option allows you to make a question mandatory for respondents to answer, preventing them from skipping the question during the survey.
- To apply the desired setting options, simply check the corresponding boxes.
Adding Design Elements
To modify the design of your questions, simply click on the small brush icon (design icon) situated on the sidebar.
You can add different color options to question and answer by clicking on the down arrow option.
- Just click the arrow to choose the correct shade. Depending on your preference, you can use a grid, a spectrum, or some sliders to make your selection. This allows you to fine-tune the color and zero in on just the correct shade.
- You can also change the button color by following the same procedure.
- To incorporate a solid color background to your question, simply click on “Background” and choose the desired color.
Please keep in mind that if you change the settings or designs of one question, similar changes will also be made to other questions in the survey.
Hope that solves all your doubts. However, if you still have questions, we are here to help.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.