Adding Number Question Type To Your Survey
The number question type is just like a text question. It is an open-ended question where respondents can type in their responses. The only difference is that respondents can use only numbers to respond instead of texts.
- To add this question type to your surveys in SurveyPoint, visit your workspace and click on “Create a new survey +” or “Use Templates.“
You can also add this question to your existing surveys by opening that survey.
- As soon as you’ve opened the survey, click the small “+” icon in the top right corner of the CREATE SURVEY panel.
Once you click on the “+” icon, you will be able to see all the question types offered by SurveyPoint. Choose “Number” from the list to add this question type to your survey.
- You will be redirected to a screen where you can enter the question text.
- Once you click on the question type, your screen will show you a question format with mock content. Now, all you have to do is replace it with your question.
- You can also add a description to your question, allowing your respondents to know how to fill out this question. However, this part is optional.
- To delete a question, just click the three dots in the sidebar next to the question.
By selecting the settings tab right next to the “Questions” tab in the sidebar, you can change the settings for your selected question.
- You can make this question mandatory from the settings panel by enabling the Required toggle.
- You can also add a limit to the characters by enabling minimum and maximum characters a respondent can enter. Once you enable it, simply enter your limit right below the button.
- Once you type in your limit, press Enter. You will be presented with a pop-up window. To continue, click “Close.”
Adding An Image Or Video To Your Questions
You can also add media to your question allows you to add media to your survey.
- To add an image or a video, click on the ‘Add image or video’ button and select the file from your media section.
- You can either upload from your system or search for stock images via Unsplash by clicking on Image.
- You can also upload videos, icons, or previously used visuals from your SurveyPoint gallery.
- The image or video file can also be dragged and dropped into the drop box. Also, you can directly upload it from your system. The acceptable files should either be PNG or JPG. If you want to upload a GIF, it must not be more than 4 MB.
- You can also delete the video, GIF, or image by clicking on the “Delete” option.
- After you add the desired media, you can choose how you want the image and text to look together in the layout section. Simply pick the text wrapping option you wish to go with next.
- A sidebar option is also available for adjusting image brightness.
Adding Design Elements
You can customize your questions by clicking on the small brush icon (design icon) situated on the sidebar.
- You can visit the Custom or Gallery options to customize your questions.
You can add different color options to question and answer by clicking on the down arrow option.
- Simply click on the downward pointing arrow and select the right color. You can choose the options from a grid, spectrum, and sliders. This helps you modify the color and pick the right one that you are looking for.
- You can also change the button color by following the same procedure.
- If you would like a solid color background for your question, click on the background and choose the color you prefer.
- Moreover, to add a background image, click on “Background Img” and add the file from your system.
- You can either upload the images from your system by clicking on Upload or browse stock images via Unsplash by clicking on Image/Icon. By clicking ‘My Gallery’, you can also upload previously used images from your SurveyPoint gallery.
- You can also add avatars by adding them to the background. Simply click on Avatar and upload the file.
- If you would like to change the question’s font size, you can choose between small, medium, and large by selecting from Lg, Md, and SM.
- To bring the text to the middle, click on the alignment option in the sidebar’s bottom left corner.
You can also pick some of the default designs on the platform, go to the Gallery option and choose your favorite template to customize the question.
Please keep in mind that if you change the settings or designs of one question, similar changes will also be made to other questions in the survey.
Hope that solves all your doubts. However, if you still have questions, we are here to help.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.