Adding Long Text Question Type To Your Chat Form
Do you feel like you need to give your respondents a space where they can express what they truly feel? This is something you can achieve in your survey by allowing respondents to provide long, open-ended answers.
While close-ended questions like MCQs are easy to fill out, a long text question type can be a great choice if you are conducting a customer satisfaction survey and want to know why your present customers feel a certain way.
Adding this question type to your survey in SurveyPoint is pretty easy.
- To start with, enter your workspace and click on “Create a new survey +.” This option will allow you to make a new survey from scratch.
- Alternatively, you can also take an idea from one of our pre-built templates if you don’t know where to start or are on a time crunch. Click on “Use Templates” to browse our pre-built templates.
You can also add the question type to your existing survey by navigating your workspace and opening a survey.
- Once you open your survey, click on the small “+” icon on the top right corner of your sidebar
- Upon clicking the plus icon, you will see a list of question types you can add to your chatbot survey. Select ‘Long Text’ from the list to continue.
The below image shows what a long text would look like.
- Replace the placeholder text with the question you want to ask.
- You can also add a description, letting your respondents know how to answer this question. However, this is an optional step.
- You can delete the question by clicking on the three dots present on the question in the sidebar.
You can change the settings of your long text question type in the settings tab, present right next to the “Questions” tab on the sidebar.
- You can make the question mandatory to be filled out by the respondents by marking it as Required in the settings panel. Your respondents will be notified or prevented from continuing the survey without providing an answer to that particular question.
- Enabling the Required option will lead you to a pop-up, letting you know that all your changes have been saved. Click on “Close” to continue.
- You can also add a Maximum Character limit by enabling the Max Characters option.
- Once you click on it, add the character limit by replacing “0-99999” with your limit.
Adding An Image Or Video To Your Questions
This question type allows you to add an image or a video.
- To add an image or a video, click on the ‘Add image or video’ button and select the file from your media section.
- You can either upload from your system or search for stock images via Unsplash by clicking on Image. Simply type the related keyword and select the image that appeals to you the most.
- You can also enhance the look by uploading a video and icons. Also, if you want to select the previously selected media again, you can do so from My gallery.
Tip: You can also drag and drop the image or video file into the drop box. The acceptable files should either be PNG or JPG. If you want to upload a GIF, it must not be more than 4 MB.
- By clicking the “Delete” button, you can also remove the video, GIF, or image.
- To incorporate an image, simply click on your desired image. Then, the platform will present you with various text-wrapping options on the side panel. Choose the one that best suits your needs and proceed.
- Additionally, you can modify the image’s brightness through the side panel “Brightness” toggle.
Adding Design Elements
You can customize your questions by clicking on the small brush icon (design icon) situated on the sidebar.
- You can either personalize the look and feel as per your desire from the ‘Custom’ option or select something from the Gallery option.
You can change the text color in the question and answer by clicking on the down arrow option.
- Simply click on the downward arrow and select the desired color.
- You can also change the button color by following the same procedure.
- To add a solid background color to your question, click on the background and select the color you want.
- Moreover, if you want to go the extra mile and want any particular image in the background, SurveyPoint allows you to do that as well. Just click on “Background Img” and add the file to spice up your survey look.
- You can also add avatars by adding them to the background. Simply click on Avatar and upload the file.
- Additionally, you can enable the “Typing Emulation” option to mimic typing. This feature consists of three or two animated dots that indicate that a respondent is actively typing their response. This enhances the interactivity and realism of the survey experience.
- For the font size of your questions, you have the option to select from small, medium, and large by choosing between “Lg”, “Md”, and “Sm”.
- To change the text alignments, click on the Text indent option in the bottom left corner of the sidebar.
You also have the option to choose from a variety of default designs within the platform. Simply visit the “Gallery” section, select your preferred template, and personalize the question to your liking.
Please keep in mind that if you change the settings or designs of one question, similar changes will also be made to other questions in the survey.
Hope that solves all your doubts. However, if you still have questions, we are here to help.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.