Adding Text Box Matrix To Your Surveys
The Text Box Matrix is comparable to the Radio Matrix question type in terms of structure, as it also contains rows and columns. This question type is an effective tool for collecting a large amount of data from respondents.
The key difference between the Text Box Matrix and the Radio Matrix is that instead of selecting a predetermined option, respondents must type in their own answers.
- To add a Text Box Matrix question type to your survey on SurveyPoint, open the workspace and click on “Create a new survey +”. You can also use our pre-made templates if you don’t want to start a survey from scratch.
- To create a new survey, click on the new survey. Once you do that, select “Long Form” from the pop-up.
- To create a new survey using the Long form, choose “ Start from Scratch”. This will allow you to manually input your questions and customize the survey to your needs.
- If you already have your questions saved in .csv file, you can also go with the option to “Upload CSV” and import your questions directly into the platform.
- After selecting your option, you will be redirected to another pop-up requesting you to fill out the required information. Simply give your survey a name and enter the other details.
- Now that you’ve created your survey, just click on the “Add Question” button in the “Create Survey” section to add a new question.
- Once you click on the button, the platform will automatically generate a question box for you.
- Alternatively, you may select the “Add section” button to make a separate section and add your question.
- To select the type of question you want to add, simply click on the drop-down menu under “Select Question Category” and choose the text Box Matrix option.
- Adding text to text box matrix questions requires adding question text, column text, and row text.
- The text box will allow you to enter your question. The text can be edited by clicking it and typing the text you want.
- You have the option to modify the column text by replacing “Col 1” with your desired text. To include additional columns, simply click on “Add column.” If you need to remove a column, simply click on it to make the cross button visible, and then click on the cross button.
- To add a row, follow the same procedure.
- Enable the Required option to make the question mandatory to fill out. It allows you to make a question compulsory for respondents to answer, preventing them from skipping the question during the survey.
Adding Design Elements
To modify the design of your questions, simply click on the small brush icon (design icon) situated on the sidebar.
You can add different color options to question and answer by clicking on the down arrow option.
- Just click the arrow to choose the correct shade. Depending on your preference, you can use a grid, a spectrum, or some sliders to make your selection. This allows you to fine-tune the color and zero in on just the correct shade.
- You can also change the button color by following the same procedure.
- To incorporate a solid background to your question, click on “Background” and choose the desired color.
Please keep in mind that if you change the settings or designs of one question, similar changes will also be made to other questions in the survey.
Hope that solves all your doubts. However, if you still have questions, we are here to help.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.