Adding Long Text Question Type To Your Survey
Do you feel like you need to give your respondents a space where they can explain what they truly feel? This is something you can achieve in your survey by allowing respondents to provide long, open-ended answers.
While close-ended questions like MCQs are easy to fill out, a long text question type can be a great choice if you are conducting a customer satisfaction survey and want to know why your present customers feel a certain way.
Adding this question type to your survey in SurveyPoint is pretty easy.
To start with, enter your workspace and click on “Create a new survey +.” This option will allow you to make a new survey from scratch.
Alternatively, you can also take an idea from one of our pre-built templates if you don’t know where to start or are on a time crunch. Click on “Use Templates” to browse our pre-built templates.
You can also add the question type to your existing survey by navigating your workspace and opening a survey.
- Once you open your survey, click on the small “+” icon on the top right corner of your sidebar.
- Upon clicking the plus icon, you will find a list of question types you can add to your slider survey. Select ‘Long Text’ from the list to continue.
- Next, you’ll be directed to a new page, where you can write your question or upload the same through a .csv file.
- Replace the sample text with the question you want to ask.
- You can also add a description, letting your respondents know how to answer this question. However, this is an optional step.
- You can delete the question by clicking on the three dots present on the question in the sidebar.
You can change the settings of your long text question type in the settings tab, present right next to the “Questions” tab on the sidebar.
- You can make the question mandatory to be filled out by the respondents by marking it as Required in the settings panel. Your respondents will be notified or prevented from continuing the survey without providing an answer to that particular question.
- Enabling the Required option will lead you to a pop-up, letting you know that all your changes have been saved. Click on “Close” to continue.
- You can also add a Maximum Character limit by enabling the Max Characters option.
- Once you click on it, add the character limit by replacing “0-99999” with your limit.
Adding An Image/ Video To Your Question
You can also add images or videos by clicking “Add Image or Video”.
- To add an image or a video, hit ‘Upload’ and select the file from your media section. You can also upload the same from your system directly.
- You can also drag and drop the image or video file into the drop box. The acceptable files should either be PNG or JPG. If you want to upload a GIF, it must not be more than 4 MB.
- You can also search and upload stock images via Unsplash by clicking on the Image section. Simply type the related keyword and select the image that appeals you the most.
- You can also enhance the look by uploading a video and icons. Also, if you want to select the previously selected media again, you can do so from My gallery.
- Alternatively, you can delete the video, GIF, or image at any time by clicking on the “Delete” button.
Adding Design Elements
You can customize your questions by clicking on the small brush icon (design icon) situated on the sidebar.
- You can either personalize the look and feel as per your desire from the ‘Custom’ option or select something from the Gallery option.
You can change the text color in the question and answer by clicking on the down arrow option.
- Simply click on the downward arrow and select the desired color.
- You can also change the button color by following the same procedure.
- To add a solid background color to your question, click on the background and select the color you want.
- Moreover, if you want to go the extra mile and want any particular image in the background, SurveyPoint allows you to do that as well. Just click on “Background Img” and add the file to spice up your survey look.
- You can also add avatars by adding them to the background. Simply click on Avatar and upload the file.
- Regarding question font size, you can choose from small, medium, and large by selecting between Lg, Md, and Sm.
- To change the text alignments, click on the Text indent option in the bottom left corner of the sidebar.
You can also pick some of the default designs on the platform, go to the Gallery option and choose your favorite template to customize the question.
Please keep in mind that if you change the settings or designs of one question, similar changes will also be made to other questions in the survey.
Hope that solves all your doubts. However, if you still have questions, we are here to help.
Write to us at email@example.com, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.