Multiple choice questions are close-ended questions requiring the respondents to choose one or more options from the given field to answer the question. They are effortless to respond to, quick and aid the surveyor in obtaining a vast amount of information with minimal difficulty.
- To add an MCQ to your survey on SurveyPoint, open the workspace and click on “Create a new survey +.” You can also use our pre-made templates if you don’t want to start a survey from scratch.
- If you would like to add this question type to an existing survey that you have created on your workspace, you can open it.
- Open your survey to get started.
- Click on the “+” button, present on the top right corner of the sidebar. Once you click on it, you’ll be able to see several question types offered by SurveyPoint.
- To add an MCQ, click on the “+” icon on your sidebar’s top right-side corner and select “MCQ” from the question type list.
The next image shows what your MCQ would look like.
- Once you click on MCQ, your screen will show you a question with mock content. All you have to do is enter your question, add descriptive text (optional), then hit Enter to start populating your list with options.
- Choose as many options as you’d like to add by clicking the “Add Choice” button, present right below your final selection box.
- On the sidebar of the question, you can delete the question by clicking on the three dots.
You can change the settings of your MCQ by going to the settings tab, present right next to the “Questions” corner of the sidebar.
The above image shows the setting panel as a sidebar. Let’s go over it each one by one.
- Enabling the “Required” option will make the question mandatory to fill. In other words, respondents cannot skip this question while filling out your survey.
- Enabling “Multi Selection” will allow your respondents to select more than one option. If you choose this setting, you will be able to create an MCQ question with more than one selectable option.
- “Randomize” shuffles the choices every time a new responder fills out the question.
- The “Other Option” allows you to add another choice. This can be helpful for respondents to fill out the question in case their answer is not listed as a choice.
- The “Other Option with text field” is similar to the other option. As a result, respondents will be required to specify their option if it is not listed. This adds an open-ended touch to your close-ended MCQ.
Adding An Image Or Video To Your Questions
This question type allows you to add an image or a video.
- To add an image or a video, click on the ‘Add image or video’ button and select the file from your media section.
- You can either upload from your system or search for stock images via Unsplash by clicking on Image. Simply type the related keyword and select the image that appeals to you the most.
- You can also enhance the look by uploading a video and icons. Also, if you want to select the previously selected media again, you can do so from My gallery.
Tip: You can also drag and drop the image or video file into the drop box. The acceptable files should either be PNG or JPG. If you want to upload a GIF, it must not be more than 4 MB.
- By clicking the “Delete” button, you can also remove the video, GIF, or image.
- To incorporate an image, simply click on your desired image. Then, the platform will present you with various text-wrapping options on the side panel. Choose the one that best suits your needs and proceed.
- Additionally, you can modify the image’s brightness through the side panel “Brightness” toggle.
Adding Design Elements
You can customize your questions by clicking on the small brush icon (design icon) situated on the sidebar.
You have the option to either visit the “Custom” or “Gallery” sections to personalize your questions.
You can add a variety of color choices to both your questions and answers by clicking on the drop-down option.
- With ease, simply click on the downward-facing arrow and select the desired color. You have the choice to select from a grid, spectrum, and sliders, allowing you to adjust the color and effortlessly find the ideal shade you desire.
- You can also change the button color by following the same procedure.
- To incorporate a solid color background to your question, simply click on “Background” and choose the desired color.
- Moreover, if you want to go the extra mile and want any particular image in the background, SurveyPoint allows you to do that as well. Just click on “Background Img” and add the file to spice up your survey look.
- You have the option to either upload images from your device by clicking on “Upload,” or search for stock images through Unsplash by clicking on “Image.” If you have previously uploaded images, you can also access them by clicking on “My Gallery.”
- You can also add avatars by adding them to the background. Simply click on Avatar and upload the file.
- Additionally, you can enable the “Typing Emulation” option to mimic typing. This feature consists of three or two animated dots that indicate that a respondent is actively typing their response. This enhances the interactivity and realism of the survey experience.
- For the font size of your questions, you have the option to select from small, medium, and large by choosing between “Lg”, “Md”, and “Sm”.
- To bring the text to the middle, click on the alignment option given in the bottom left corner of the sidebar.
You also have the option to choose from a variety of default designs within the platform. Simply visit the “Gallery” section, select your preferred template, and personalize the question to your liking.
Please keep in mind that if you change the settings or designs of one question, similar changes will also be made to other questions in the survey.
Hope that solves all your doubts. However, if you still have questions, we are here to help.
Write to us at email@example.com, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.