Adding Statement Question Type In Long Forms
The Statement Question Type is a type of question used in surveys to provide context, background information, or directions to the participant. Rather than receiving an answer, it provides information or clarifies survey instructions.
This type of question is essential for making sure that the respondent understands the purpose and context of the survey.
- To add a Statement question type to your survey on SurveyPoint, open the workspace and click on “Create a new survey +”. You can also use our pre-made templates if you don’t want to start a survey from scratch.
- To create a new survey, click on the new survey. Once you do that, select “Long Form” from the pop-up.
- To create a new survey using the Long form, choose “ Start from Scratch”. This will allow you to manually input your questions and customize the survey to your needs.
- If you already have your questions saved in .csv file, you can also go with the option to “Upload CSV” and import your questions directly into the platform.
- After selecting your option, you will be redirected to another pop-up requesting you to fill out the required information. Simply give your survey a name and enter the other details.
- To add a new question to your survey, simply click on the “Add Question” button in the center of your screen under the “Create Survey” section.
- Once you click on the button, the platform will automatically generate a question box for you.
- Alternatively, you may select the “Add section” button to make a separate section and then add your question there.
- To select the type of question, you would like to add, simply click on the drop-down menu under “Select Question Category” and choose the Statement option.
- Replace and enter your statement text. You can also add some description text to make your respondents better understand the question and how to answer it.
To enhance the functionality of your questions, you have access to a set of additional setting options located below the description box.
- You can also make the question mandatory to fill out by selecting “Require”.
- Click on Save to save your changes and add this question to your survey. If you want to delete this question, click on Cancel.
- This is how your question will look once you hit Save.
- To edit the question, click on the blue colored icon at the end. Once you click on it, you can change the question category, title, and description.
- You can duplicate this question type by clicking on the second red-colored icon. Clicking on it will add a similar question type with the same text and description to your survey.
- To delete this question, click on the trash icon.
- With those steps completed, your new question is now ready to be added to your survey. Click on “Save” and proceed.
Adding Design Elements
To modify the design of your questions, simply click on the small brush icon (design icon) situated on the sidebar.
You can add different color options to question and answer by clicking on the down arrow option.
- Just click the arrow in the bottom right corner to choose the correct shade. Depending on your preference, you can use a grid, a spectrum, or some sliders to make your selection. This allows you to fine-tune the color and zero in on just the correct shade.
- You can also change the button color by following the same procedure.
- To incorporate a solid color background to your question, simply click on “Background” and choose the desired color.
Please keep in mind that if you change the settings or designs of one question, similar changes will also be made to other questions in the survey.
Hope that solves all your doubts. However, if you still have questions, we are here to help.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.