Adding Decimal Number To Your Slider Forms
A decimal number question type in a survey is a question that allows respondents to provide a numerical answer in decimal format. This type of question is used to gather numerical data such as monetary values, measurements, or percentages.
Respondents can enter decimal numbers using a numeric keypad or a keyboard. The decimal number question type is often used with validation rules to ensure that the data entered is within a certain range and has the correct number of decimal places.
- To add a decimal number question type to your survey on SurveyPoint, open the workspace and click “Create a new survey +”. You can also use our pre-made templates if you don’t want to start a survey from scratch.
- You can also open an existing survey that you have created on your workspace to add this question type.
- Open your survey to get started.
- Click on the “+” button, present on the top right corner of the sidebar.
- Once you click on it, you’ll be able to see several question types offered by SurveyPoint.
The below image shows what a decimal number question type looks like.
You can use this question to ask your respondents about their annual income or other questions that can be answered in a decimal format.
- Replace the mock text by adding the actual question text. Enter what you want to ask your respondents about.
- This question format also allows you to add some optional description content where you can guide our respondents on how to fill out this question.
- You can delete the question by clicking on the three dots present on the question in the sidebar.
You can change the settings of your decimal question by going to the settings tab on the top left and right next to the “Questions” corner of the sidebar.
Adding An Image Or Video To Your Questions
This question type allows you to add an image or a video.
- To add an image or a video, click on the ‘Add image or video’ button and select the file from your media section.
- You can either upload from your system or search for stock images via Unsplash by clicking on Image.
- You can also upload a video or icons or select from previously used media from My gallery.
- You can also drag and drop the image or video file into the drop box. Also, you can directly upload it from your system. The acceptable files should either be PNG or JPG. If you want to upload a GIF, it must not be more than 4 MB.
- You can also delete the video, GIF or image by clicking on the “Delete” option.
- Pick the picture you wish to use by clicking on it. When you do that, the platform will provide you with alternatives for text wrapping labeled as layout. Pick the option that best suits your needs for moving forward.
- In the sidebar, you can also adjust the brightness of the image.
Adding Design Elements
You can customize your questions by clicking on the small brush icon (design icon) situated on the sidebar.
You can choose either the Custom or Gallery option to customize your questions.
You can add different color options to question and answer by clicking on the down arrow option.
- Simply click on the downward-facing arrow and select the right color. You can choose the options from a grid, spectrum, and sliders. By doing this, you will be able to modify the color and choose the one you want.
- You can also change the button color by following the same procedure.
- Choose the color you want for the background of your question by clicking on the background option.
- Moreover, to add a background image, click on “Background Img” and add the file from your system.
- You can either upload the images from your system by clicking on Upload or browse stock images via Unsplash by clicking on Image/Icon. You can also upload the images from your SurveyPoint gallery by clicking on Gallery.
- You can also add avatars by adding them to the background. Simply click on Avatar and upload the file.
- You even customize the question font size. Choose from small, medium, and large by selecting between Sm, Md, and Lg.
- To bring the text to the middle, click on the alignment option given in the bottom left corner of the sidebar.
Alternatively, you can select a question template from the Gallery on the platform.
Please keep in mind that if you change the settings or designs of one question, similar changes will also be made to other questions in the survey.
Hope that solves all your doubts. However, if you still have questions, we are here to help.
Write to us at email@example.com, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.