Gather Essential Data With Long Text Question Types
If you want to give your respondents the opportunity to express their genuine feelings, consider incorporating a section in your survey where they can provide detailed, open-ended responses.
While multiple-choice questions are convenient, allowing respondents to write longer answers can be beneficial for a customer satisfaction survey, as it enables you to understand the reasons behind their opinions.
Adding this question type to your survey in SurveyPoint is pretty easy.
- To add a Long Text question type to your survey on SurveyPoint, open the workspace and click on “Create a new survey +”. You can also use our pre-made templates if you don’t want to start a survey from scratch.
- To create a new survey, click on the new survey. Once you do that, select “Long Form” from the pop-up.
- To create a new survey using the Long form, choose “ Start from Scratch”. This will allow you to manually input your questions and customize the survey to your needs.
- If you already have your questions saved in .csv file, you can also go with the option to “Upload CSV” and import your questions directly into the platform.
- After selecting your option, you will be redirected to another pop-up requesting you to fill out the required information. Simply give your survey a name and enter the other details.
- Now, to add a new question to your survey, simply click on the “Add Question” button located in the center of your screen under the “Create Survey” section.
- Once you click on the button, the platform will automatically generate a question box for you.
- Alternatively, you may select the “Add section” button to make a separate section and then add your question.
- To select the type of question, you would like to add, simply click on the drop-down menu under “Select Question Category” and choose the Long Text option.
- Now click on the placeholder text and type in your desired question to replace it.
- You can also add a description to your question, informing your respondents on how to complete the question. However, this part is optional.
The settings options, located right below the description box, will enable you to customize your questions according to your needs.
- Enable the Required option to make the question mandatory to fill out.
- You can also add a limit to the characters by enabling minimum and maximum characters a respondent can enter. Once you enable it, simply enter your limit right below the button.
To apply the desired setting options, simply check the corresponding boxes.
- With those steps completed, your new question is now ready to be added to your survey. To finalize the process, simply click on “Save” to save the changes you made.
- You can also edit, delete, or duplicate your added question. To apply, select the corresponding buttons in the bottom right corner of the added question box.
Adding Design Elements
To modify the design of your questions, simply click on the small brush icon (design icon) situated on the sidebar.
You can add different color options to question and answer by clicking on the down arrow option.
- Just click the arrow in the bottom right corner to choose the correct shade. Depending on your preference, you can use a grid, a spectrum, or some sliders to make your selection. This allows you to fine-tune the color and zero in on just the correct shade.
- You can also change the button color by following the same procedure.
- To incorporate a solid color background to your question, simply click on “Background” and choose the desired color.
Please keep in mind that if you change the settings or designs of one question, similar changes will also be made to other questions in the survey.
Hope that solves all your doubts. However, if you still have questions, we are here to help.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.