Gather Honest Opinions By Adding Rating Question Type To Your Surveys
Are you keen on conducting a very short, precise survey that might only take 3-5 minutes to fill out? In this case, the star rating question type might be your best bet. Filling out these surveys is easy, fun, and will help you assemble information faster.
Adding a rating question type to your survey in SurveyPoint is pretty easy. Here’s how you do it.
- To get started, click on the “+” button present in the top left corner of your sidebar. You will be able to see the sidebar once you open your survey from the created workspace.
- Once you click on the plus icon, you will be able to see all the question types that you can add to your survey in SurveyPoint.
- Select Rating to add it to your survey.
By clicking Rating, you will be taken to a new page where this question type will be added.
- Give your question a title by replacing the mock text with your question text. You can also add a description, but this part is optional. Answers to your question can be understood better by your respondents if you include a description.
- The stars determine the rating scale, with a 5-star rating being the best and a 1-star rating being the worst.
- Any time you wish to delete a question, click the three dots in the sidebar and select Delete.
Under the settings tab of the sidebar, next to the “Questions” corner, you can change the settings of your rating question type.
- Open the settings for the particular question by clicking the setting option.
- In the settings option, you can make the question mandatory to fill out by enabling the “Required” option.
- Once you enable it, you’ll see a pop-up. Click on “Close” to proceed.
- Clicking Close will reload your page, which allows you to save your changes.
Adding An Image/ Video To Your Question
You can also add images or videos by clicking “Add Image or Video”.
- To add an image or a video, hit ‘Upload’ and select the file from your media section. You can also upload the same from your system directly.
- You can also drag and drop the image or video file into the drop box. The acceptable files should either be PNG or JPG. If you want to upload a GIF, it must not be more than 4 MB.
- You can also search and upload stock images via Unsplash by clicking on the Image section. Then, type the relevant keyword and choose the image that best suits your needs.
- You can also enhance the look by uploading a video and icons. Also, if you want to select the previously selected media again, you can do so from My gallery.
- Alternatively, you can delete the video, GIF, or image anytime by clicking on the “Delete” button.
Adding Design Elements
You can customize your questions by clicking on the small brush icon (design icon) situated on the sidebar.
If you want to customize your questions, you can either visit the Custom or the Gallery option.
You can add different color options to question and answer by clicking on the arrow icon option.
- Choose the right color by clicking the downward-facing arrow. You can choose the options from a grid, spectrum, and sliders. In this way, you can modify the color and choose the one you want.
- You can also change the button color by following the same procedure.
- If you would like to add a solid color to the background of your question, simply click on the background and select the desired color.
- Moreover, to add a background image, click on “Background Img” and add the file from your system.
- You can also add avatars by adding them to the background. Simply click on Avatar and upload the file.
- When it comes to the font size for questions, you can choose between small, medium, and large by selecting Lg, Md, and Sm.
- To bring the text to the middle, click on the alignment option in the sidebar’s bottom left corner.
You can also pick some of the default designs on the platform, go to the Gallery option and choose your favorite template to customize the question.
Please keep in mind that if you change the settings or designs of one question, similar changes will also be made to other questions in the survey.
Hope that solves all your doubts. However, if you still have questions, we are here to help.
Write to us at email@example.com, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.