Adding Phone Number Question Type To Your Surveys
When conducting a survey, asking for respondents’ contact information can be an effective way to engage them personally. This question type is specifically made to allow the respondents to enter their contact information by selecting their location and typing in their numbers.
- To add a phone number question type to your survey in SurveyPoint, open your workspace and click on create a new survey. You can either create a new survey from scratch or use our pre-made templates. If you already have surveys made, you can add that question type there too.
- Once you have entered your survey, click on the small “+” icon on the top right corner of your create survey sidebar.
- Now, you will be able to see all the question types offered by SurveyPoint. Click on “Phone Number” to select the question type and add it to your survey.
The below image shows how a phone number question type looks like.
- Simply replace the mock text field with your desired text. You can add a description if you wish to include any specific instructions for better clarity. However, it is optional.
- You can delete the question by clicking on the three dots present on the question in the sidebar.
You can alter the settings of your phone number question type by going to the settings tab on the top left and right next to the “Questions” corner of the sidebar.
- In the settings panel, you can make it mandatory for the respondents to answer the question. However, when it comes to asking for your respondent’s phone number, it’s best not to make it mandatory unless absolutely necessary.
Adding An Image/ Video To Your Question
If you would like to enhance the appearance of your question, you can also add images or videos by clicking on “Add Image or Video.”
- To add an image or a video, hit ‘Upload’ and select the file from your media section. You can also upload the same from your system directly.
- You can also drag and drop the image or video file into the drop box. The acceptable files should either be PNG or JPG. If you want to upload a GIF, it must not be more than 4 MB.
- You can also search and upload stock images via Unsplash by clicking on the Image section. Enter the related keyword and select the image that appeals to you most.
- You can also enhance the look by uploading a video and icons. Also, if you want to select the previously selected media again, you can do so from My gallery.
- Alternatively, you can delete the video, GIF, or image at any time by clicking on the “Delete” button.
Adding Design Elements
You can customize your questions by clicking on the small brush icon (design icon) situated on the sidebar.
- Customize your questions either by visiting the Custom option or the Gallery option.
You can add different color options to question and answer by clicking on the down arrow option.
- To select the correct color, click on the downward-facing arrow. You can choose the options from a grid, spectrum, and sliders. By doing so, you will be able to modify the color and choose the one that is right for you.
- You can also change the button color by following the same procedure.
- If you want to add a solid color to the background of your question, simply click the background and pick your desired color.
- Moreover, to add a background image, click on “Background Img” and add the file from your system.
- You can also add avatars by adding them to the background. Simply click on Avatar and upload the file.
- You even customize the question font size. Choose from small, medium, and large by selecting between Sm, Md, and Lg.
- To bring the text to the middle, click on the alignment option in the sidebar’s bottom left corner.
To customize the question, you can also choose a template from the Gallery option on the platform.
Please keep in mind that if you change the settings or designs of one question, similar changes will also be made to other questions in the survey.
Hope that solves all your doubts. However, if you still have questions, we are here to help.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.