Adding Email Question Type To Slider Forms
An email question type in a survey is a question that asks the participant for their email address. This type of question is commonly used in online surveys for follow-up purposes. The question can be formatted as a text field, where the participant can type in their email address, or as a drop-down menu with pre-populated options such as “I prefer not to provide my email address.”
Adding this question type is pretty easy in SurveyPoint.
- To get started, enter your workspace and click “Create a new survey +” to make a new survey. You can also use templates if you don’t want to start everything from scratch.
- You can also open an existing survey by clicking on them in your workspace.
- Once you open your survey, click on the small “+” icon on the top right corner of your sidebar to add another question.
- Once you do that, you will be redirected to a new page where you will be able to see all the question types offered by the platform.
The below image represents how an email question type looks like:
- Replace the mock question text with your question to give your question a title.
- Add a description, if required.
- You can delete the question by clicking on the three dots present on the question in the sidebar.
You can change the settings of your email question type in the settings tab, right next to the “Questions” tab on the sidebar.
- You can make the question mandatory to be filled out by the respondents by marking it as Required in the settings panel. Your respondents will be notified or prevented from continuing the survey without providing an answer to that particular question.
- Enabling the Required option will lead you to a pop-up, letting you know that all your changes have been saved. Click on “Close” to continue.
- You can also add a Maximum Character limit by enabling the Max Characters option.
- Once you click on it, add the character limit by replacing “0-99999” with your limit.
Adding An Image Or Video To Your Questions
If you would like to enhance the appearance of your question, you can also add images or videos.
- To add an image or a video, click on the ‘Add image or video’ button and select the file from your media section.
- You can either upload from your system or search for stock images via Unsplash by clicking on Image.
- You can also upload videos, icons, or other previously selected media files from your SurveyPoint’s My gallery.
- You can also drag and drop the image or video file into the drop box. Also, you can directly upload it from your system. The acceptable files should either be PNG or JPG. If you want to upload a GIF, it must not be more than 4 MB.
- If you click on the “Delete” button, you can also remove the video, GIF, or image.
- When adding an image, click on the image you want. As soon as you do this, the platform will offer you text-wrapping options on the sidebar. Click on the option you would like to continue with.
- There is also an option to adjust the image’s brightness in the sidebar.
Adding Design Elements
You can customize your questions by clicking on the small brush icon (design icon) situated on the sidebar.
- You can either personalize the look and feel as per your desire from the ‘Custom’ option or select something from the Gallery option.
You can change the text color in the question and answer by clicking on the down arrow option.
- Simply click on the downward arrow and select the desired color.
- You can also change the button color by following the same procedure.
- You can choose the block colors or pick the right one by browsing the required shade in “Grid”, “Spectrum” or “Sliders”.
- To add a solid background color to your question, click on the background and select the color you want.
- Moreover, to add a background image, click on “Background Img” and add the file from your system.
- You can either upload the images from your system by clicking on Upload or browse stock images via Unsplash by clicking on Image/Icon. You can also upload the previously used images from your ‘s My gallery.
- You can also add avatars by adding them to the background. Simply click on Avatar and upload the file.
- Regarding question font size, you can choose from small, medium, and large by selecting between Lg, Md, and Sm.
- To change the text alignments, click on the Text indent option in the bottom left corner of the sidebar.
To customize the question, you can also choose a template from the Gallery option on the platform.
Please keep in mind that if you change the settings or designs of one question, similar changes will also be made to other questions in the survey.
Hope that solves all your doubts. However, if you still have questions, we are here to help.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.